Kickstart Configuration Details
Here is an example kickstart configuration file
. Each section is briefly described below.
- The preamble, at the top of the file, specifies generic
configuration defaults for our site. Note that the disk
partitioning is specified in this section. In order to work
around well-known issues with kickstart disk partitioning it is done
instead in the %pre section, and simply included in the preamble with
an %include directive.
- The list of package groups installed in the cluster is a small
subset of the usual desktop linux system. In particular we aim
for nearly complete development systems without common desktop package
groups. The 'YUM', 'APT, and 'Packages added to Scientific Linux'
are comps groups that are specifically provided by Scientific Linux.
A few additional individual packages are added, and unnecessary individual packages are removed.
- The pre section is used to partition the disk. It is important to note that this example does the following:
- The post section is the most complex part of the script where we
try to configure the node as completely as possible. Major tasks
- delete unwanted services
- make some adjustments in /etc/fstab
- synchronize this node with our generic configurations in
/ks/rtrees/VERSION/os/, and with any specific configuration meant only
for this host in /ks/rtrees/VERSION/nodes/`hostname`/
- apply SL errata
- add local accounts
- install and configure as much as possible the target LCG packages meant for this node.