TRIUMF Grid Installation Guides
Installation of a node requires the following actions:
- If necessary, synchronize the mirror for any changes that you want to include. Particular configurations for this node should already be added in /ks/rtrees/rsync-303/nodes/THIS_NODE
- if not then correct the mirror first.
- Backup the current node.
- Declare downtime in the GOC database.
- Set up pxeboot for re-installation of this node.
- Verify that the DHCP server is configured for this node, and that the node can boot off the private network.
- Reset the node and monitor the kickstart installation output on the KVM switch monitor.
- At this time we are still manually resetting the symbolic link for pxeboot from a network install to booting from the hard disk. Before rebooting be sure to correct the symlink in the pxeboot configuration area on lcfg:/tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/
- Reboot the node and verify that there are no configuration problems.