Test Lenya Area
Use this directory for your online tests with the Apache Lenya Content Management System.
Here are some brief instructions to get you started:
- Log in to the test area (link disabled) as user 'review'. You should see that 'Test Area' is selected in the menu on the left of the page.
- The 'Authoring' tab will be selected at the top of the page. To add a new document in this page, or in one of its child pages, click on the 'Site' tab at the top of the page.
Do: File -> New Document
Be careful to look at the Parent ID. It should be /test
- Fill in the Document ID and Navigation Title. The ID should be a simple, short descriptive word without
spaces. It will be used to name the directory that shows up in your
new web page. Pick your own name for test purposes. Thus I have
created a test page with ID 'denice' and title "Denice's Test Page".
Click the 'Create' button.
- You will now find yourself staring at your new test page. It is time to edit it. Select 'Edit -> WISIWIG Editor [Kupu]'
- There are two major editors available - Kupu and BXE. Though BXE seems to be the sexier of the two I suggest that you avoid it until it matures a bit. The two editors do not interoperate. Here is a description of Kupu to get you started.
- When you have saved and exited from the editor you still need to publish your document on the 'live' web site. Select 'Workflow -> Publish' and affirm your selection. To visit the live page, click on the 'Live' tab at the top of the page.
- Finally, log out of your session by selecting 'Logout' from the 'File' tab.